Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Happy hump day! This week seems to be flying by, doesn’t it?!  I’ve spent the last couple of days fighting a losing battle….fallen leaves. I really can’t complain because I actually like raking the leaves, it’s very therapeutic for me, and I could always use some extra calorie burning! Here’s a picture of one of our dogs, Maggie enjoying the leaves…
DSC05206
What’s the best reward for all that hard work? Cookies of course, Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies that is! :D If your a big fan of crunchy, crispy cookies like me, well then these cookies AREN”T for you. :(  Trust me I was a little disappointed myself. BUT if you like soft, chewy cookies then this is the perfect recipe for you to try, especially if your a fan of baked oatmeal. Don’t get me wrong they taste great, I just like some crunch that’s all. ;)  If you’d like the recipe click here.
I added a 1/3 cup of  apple sauce, after reading some comments I found out they could be a tad dry and I also added dried cranberries and some chocolate chunks, just because!
DSC05211
DSC05212
Here is the applesauce, pumpkin, egg and egg whites.
DSC05213
Here’s the dry ingredients; brown sugar, flours, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cranberries and chocolate chunks.
DSC05215
Mix the wet and dry together…
DSC05216
Scoop it out onto a parchment line baking sheet…
DSC05218
Flatten slightly as they do not rise very much and put them into a 325 degree oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
DSC05235
Wait for them to cool if you can…
DSC05237
then go ahead and indulge…you deserve it!!! :D

Did anyone see Biggest Loser last night? What the heck is with the Boston dude?!?!?!? Someone needs to give him a lie detector test!!!  Better yet, he needs to be left alone in a room with Jillian!  lol

7 comments:

  1. I actually like soft chewy cookies typically. These would make me very happy! I did see that last night - he just looked like he was lying when he spoke. Weird smirk on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh yeah Brendan? I can't stand him. Bad representation of Boston lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would be so great with a cold glass of milk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like chewy and crispy! Depends on the mood. I usually prefer oatmeal cookies chewy .. these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made very similar cookies a week or so ago but mine didn't have cranberries. I like that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cookies look like heaven! Plus I'll be able to convince myself they're healthy so I can eat extra! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a soft cookie fan - and I love pumpkin with cranberries and chocolate chips. What a great combo.

    I agree about Brendan(?) from Boston - playing way too much of a game. They should not have sent Rick home!

    ReplyDelete