Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Where did the day go????

I just encountered a day where I was up at the crack, busy all day long around the house and as I sit here tonight I wonder what did I really get accomplished? Not a heck of a lot! Food and fitness was at the top of my list as always…
I woke up at 5:30 as I do most mornings as my hubby is leaving for work. Coffee and emails as usual with the dogs by me feet. Got my workout in before the girls woke up and the heat set it. Day 2 of my 30 day shred, I was a little sore from yesterday but once I started it all went away. I’m very anxious to see how these 20 minutes of  interval training for 30 days is going to look on me. I’m so used to working out for at least an hour and at 20 minutes I feel like I’m just getting warmed up. But I’m going to give it a chance and hope for the best!!  After all, Jillian must know what she’s doing, she’s a professional, right? lol
For  breakfast I was so disappointed when I realized I forgot to make my overnight oats before going to bed.  So I opted for a bowl of Cheerios with fresh strawberries & blueberries.
DSC04244
DSC04245
Then I cut up some delicious cantaloupe for the next few days. Eating cantaloupe always brings me back to Ogunquit, ME. Keith and I stayed at a beautiful Inn there on the water and we ate cantaloupe every morning under the cabana. I miss the cabana and the smell of the ocean air… :(
Cantaloupe
My mid morning snack I had a cheese stick and some almonds, don’t you just love my almond container from California Almonds! It holds 21 almonds, just the right amount that you should have each day. I received that from Ellie Krieger  (LOVE HER!) at her book signing, she handed those out to everyone waiting in line, a story for another day!!
DSC04247
DSC04249
For lunch I had a pluot and made a tomato n’  basil panini with a whole wheat roll, a touch of Canola Mayo and a squeeze of lemon with a little garlic, of course. It was delicious, there is nothing better than fresh tomatoes and basil straight from the garden.
Tomatoe Panini closeup
Dinner was really quick tonight just had some leftover baked ziti,. so quick that I forgot to take a pic!!    oops!!!  
G’night, off to bed early tonight!!

1 comment:

  1. Try freezing some green grapes on days like this. A nice sweet treat that is sure to cool you down, especially when you have no appetite or desire to be in a hot kitchen.

    ReplyDelete