Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Heat of the Summer

Here in the northeast we have had a fantastic summer! I love the sun, watching the girls swim in the pool, going to the beach and all that summertime fun. BUT, this humidity just seems to drain me of all my ambition. I managed to get my Day 3 workout in early this morning but I’ve had absolutely no appetite  for anything in this weather except lots of water. Now if I didn’t have this blog which is holding me accountable for making healthy choices I probably wouldn’t have eaten very much today. So at the end of today I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished nutrition- wise.
After my morning cup of coffee I cooked some amazing oatmeal on the stove with a little water and milk then I added some almonds, dried fruit and a spoonful of Teddie peanut butter. Delicious!!!
DSC04268
For my mid-morning snack I had a handful of pistachios.
DSC04270
Lunch was the norm, raspberry greek yogurt, cantaloupe, grapes and blueberries and a Kashi bar.
DSC04271
Afternoon snack I had two Wasa whole grain crackers topped with Laughing Cow light swiss cheese and an apple.
DSC04284
Dinner was a flop, too hot to cook and no appetite. Normally I would have gone without and by the time 9pm rolled around I would have been starving and grabbed for a bag of chips. So I settled with scrambled eggs and a piece of whole wheat toast, so proud of myself! :~)
Off to do some grocery shopping, yippee!!! Is it terrible that I enjoy shopping for food as much as shoes?!  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment