Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fresh Out Of The Oven…

Mmmmmm, my house right now smells like a blend of  roasted nuts, sweet fruit and maple syrup!  That’s just what you get when you bite into one of Ellie Krieger’s Energy Bars…again, very easy and delicious!
Click here for the full recipe
Here’s some of the  dry ingredients, almonds, raw sunflower seeds, oatmeal, toasted wheat germ and a mixture of dried fruit.
 DSC04686
One of my favorite maple syrups
DSC04687
After processing all the ingredients… I didn’t completely process the mixture, I like to see what’s in my bars!!
DSC04688
Press into a prepared 9x13 baking pan and bake for 20 minutes
DSC04689
Fresh out of the oven, I let them completely cool and cut them into bars a little bigger than a larabar. For some reason the one in the picture below looks a lot larger than it actually is…
 DSC04695
DSC04694
The recipe makes 24 bars, I wrap them up individually and store them in the freezer. Perfect to grab quickly before heading out the door!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum. Those look fantastic. I'm with you - I like to see what's in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bars look awesome! :) And made with our favorite maple syrup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try those!

    ReplyDelete