Sunday, August 29, 2010

A First and Leftovers

Did everyone have a great weekend, it went by way too fast if you ask me! I really enjoyed the day around the pool with the girls, can’t believe they are headed back to school  on Tuesday!
This morning I woke up before everyone and decided to sneak out of the house without the dogs and go for an early morning walk. Only my walk turned into a run!!! I was shocked, it wasn’t a lot but it was a start. I’ve always wanted to start running but fear has been stopping me for some reason. So out of the blue I got off my street and just ran until I got tired,which was about 15 minutes, walked a little and started running again, I did this for about 30 minutes. Hoping I will be able to walk in the morning, I did a lot of stretching when I got back home.  lol Does anyone have any programs to suggest to me, I’ve heard about couch to 5k…I need to get on some sort of schedule. Although I only have  a few months before the snow arrives and I don’t own a treadmill. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)
So for breakfast I toasted a whole wheat bagel thin and topped it with Barney almond butter, my granola and sliced banana, it was soooo good!!!
DSC04788
Lunch was a nice big salad
DSC04791
For an afternoon snack I had some fresh fruit with plain greek yogurt and a half of larabar (hubby was a recipient of the other half) ;)
DSC04793
And dinner was a rotisserie chicken I picked up at the market and some leftover pasta and veggies…
DSC04800
Heading to bed early, the sun completely drains me!
‘Night!

14 comments:

  1. The couch to 5K program is AWESOME. I've used it and completed it several times and I used to not be able to run for two minutes without getting tired. This program is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing couch to 5k right now and I love it! I am not a "runner" and am having so much fun pushing myself (currently on week 6). I think it's a great way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couch 5k sounds like it's great!! Have heard lots of good things!! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!! I am in the same boat as you, I've always wanted to run but had something holding me back. I started running about 2 weeks ago and sadly I haven't been able to keep with a schedule, I've been working out at home on the days that I can't get out but as of right now I'm running about 2-3 days (if i'm lucky and the kids behave lol!) I've heard great things about the couch to 5k, best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard great things about the couch to 5K good luck! I started running like u walking and running till I got tired then walking again etc. It has become addicting and now I look forward to my runs 4 to 5 days a week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the running! Yay!

    I never thought I would be a runner either. I've tried to become a runner in the past and failed. Until this year. And now I am hooked! I started out using Couch to 5K. I would recommend it! The key for me was following a running plan and starting small. Following a plan helps you to know what to reasonably expect from yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love simple dinners like this...and i really love the rotisserie chicken dinners from the store. makes it so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Couch to 5k program is amazing - I loved it and it helped me so much!

    I run outside - even in the winter. Its all about layers. I absolutely hate the treadmill. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha-I share larabars with my husband all the time :)

    I haven't used Couch to 5K, but I've heard it is a great program. You could also google Hal Higdon, I use his 1/2 marathon and marathon training plans, and I think he has shorter ones as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Job! I have also printed out the "Couch to 5K" plan. That is one of my Goals for this Fall (start running). I too, have that fear of starting. You have inspired me to just take that first step outside! I love my treadmill, but for some reason that fear of running outdoors! :) Winter will be upon us very soon... some how it will all work out! ~Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Kristy! Can I just tell you that your blog is just what I need!?!? I've had a baby two years in a row and need to lose some poundage and eat better! So THANKS! I'm hungry now!

    Just wanted to let you know you are the $75.00 Visa Gift card winner over at Fabulessly Frugal! Congrats! http://fabulesslyfrugal.com/2010/08/75-00-visa-gift-card-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. A schedule is definitely a good idea! I don't know much about Couch to 5k, but I know there are tons of great training programs and advice on runnersworld.com. Beginner programs will be sure to work gradually from walking to running and the mileage increase should be very gradual as well.
    Also, those cookie sandwiches in place of smores look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! I'm your newest follower, I found your link on fabulessly frugal. Your meals looks so simple and so delicious. I'll be checking back!

    ReplyDelete