Coming in to the most delicious muffins that mom has been baking all morning! I found this recipe on EatingWell.com, click here for the recipe.
Spiced Apple Cider Muffins
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
To make the streusel, combine the ingredients and with a pastry blender, cut in the butter until it forms coarse crumbs.
Whisk the dry ingredients: both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg
Whisk the wet ingredients: brown sugar, egg, apple butter, maple syrup, apple cider, yogurt and oil
Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour in the wet mixture. Stir until just combined and scoop into a prepared muffin tin, top with streusel topping.
Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 15-20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
I wouldn’t change a thing about these muffins, they were perfect!
Sunday morning is going to taste so delicious!!!
Hope your weekend is going well!