Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Friday = Homemade Pizza

Happy Friday everyone! Can’t believe I am almost at the end on my first week blogging and I’ve actually kept myself accountable for everything I ate AND I’m still going strong with my workouts!! Feeling great and looking forward to another week!
For breakfast I made some oats on the stove with water and milk, then I added some dried fruit, nuts, half a banana, chia seeds and a scoop of barney butter. This definitely kept me feeling satisfied throughout the rest of the morning. Day 5 of my workout, already noticing a difference in my stamina so I’m hoping to move up to level 2 on Monday.
DSC04303
For a snack I had an orange while baking some oatmeal raisin cookies…I couldn’t help myself , the weather was perfect for baking! They are tiny for portion control!!
DSC04326
DSC04319
For lunch I went back to my childhood memory of my grandfather. He would often stop over for a visit during the summertime and put this lunch together for my cousins and I. Just some good ol’ iceburg lettuce topped with tuna fish with mayo and celery alongside a boiled egg and pretzels. Weird combo’s…..you bet, but it was made with love and I think that’s why I like it so much!  One bite of this crunchy lettuce and tuna sends me right back to the summer of ‘87!
Tuna Salad and Egg
For dinner like every Friday I made pizza. I am fortunate enough that my local grocery store makes a sensational whole wheat pizza dough so it’s just up to me to come up with the toppings! To celebrate the season of ripe tomatoes, I decided to make a pomodoro sauce with fresh tomatoes, basil and garlic. I could eat those three ingredients right out of the bowl and be satisfied! But that just wouldn’t be fair so I rolled out the dough onto a pampered chef stone then I topped it with the sauce and  mozzarella cheese and cooked it right on the grill over indirect medium heat for about 15 minutes. YUM!
DSC04332
DSC04336
What’s your favorite pizza toppings? Would love to try out some new combinations!

1 comment:

  1. Your pizza looks delicious!

    I love black olives, green peppers, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms and sausage or chicken on my pizzas. Basically anything and everything!

    ReplyDelete