Thursday, August 19, 2010

Biscotti and an A+

You know the best thing about having a lousy day??? The day after is always so much better!!! :)
After working out and having a bowl of multi grain cheerios with strawberries I did a little baking, this always puts me in a good mood!
 DSC04551
I’ve never made biscotti before so I thought what the heck!! Did you ever see that corny show on Lifetime called Cooking Yourself  Thin? On one episode they made Chocolate and Cranberry Biscotti. It looked very quick and easy so I thought I’d give it a try. For my first time, I can’t say I did that bad, of course theirs looks much better. They were easy and yummy, hubby loved them….then again he eats just about anything! ;)
DSC04554
 DSC04559
Lunch was the same yogurt with fruit, to tell you the truth I was a little full from snacking on a biscotti! Hey, they are only 76 calories a piece!!
My husband actually got out of work today a little early so after taking the dogs for a swim…
DSC04189
…we took the girls down to the farmers market and let them pick out a fruit that they’ve never had that they’d like to try. Do you think I remembered my camera??? And I left my phone in the car, no pics! :( Anyways they chose plums and they loved them!!  I picked up some fresh corn and here is what’s left of the blueberries after the girls snacked on them during the ride home!
DSC04563
Dinner was OH SO DELICIOUS!!! :D I had a craving for a big  juicy buffalo chicken sandwich with fries, now I knew that wasn’t going to happen so I had to adapt my recipe into something somewhat healthy, yet still yumm-o!!
I took some boneless chicken tenderloins and drizzled them with olive oil and lots and lots of Frank’s Hot Buffalo Sauce, placed them under the broiler for 3 minutes each side.  How easy was that!!!  Then I had some whole wheat wraps and layered some baby romaine lettuce, carrot and celery sticks and some homemade blue cheese dressing with the chicken.
DSC04567
To satisfy my craving for fries, I took a couple russet potatoes and cut them up into “matchsticks” drizzled them with olive oil, salt and fresh rosemary. Put them on a stone in a single layer and put the whole pan on the grill on indirect heat (much better than heating up my kitchen) 450 degrees for about 20 minutes, turning to brown all sides. Lets just say I DID NOT make enough of these!!!! They were to die for!!! Super crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
DSC04571
DSC04569
DSC04570
My oldest daughter said dinner tonight was like eating at Friendly’s….coming from an 11 year old I’m taking that as a compliment!! So tonight I’m giving myself an A+!!! =D>
Going to enjoy one more piece of biscotti before I head off to bed!!
‘Night

8 comments:

  1. This looks like a great dinner! Whenever I'm having a craving for fries, I make sweet potato chips or beet chips but slicing them real thin, tossing it with olive oil and baking them in the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the idea of taking your kids to the FM and letting them pick a fruit that they have never tried before!! Glad to hear that they liked them :) Oh, and your fries looks DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, my dogs would die of extreme happiness! and i love biscotti...probably one of my favorite things to make that i always forget about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely give yourself an A+! An amazing dinner for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are you talking about?? Your biscotti looks beautiful!! I've never made biscotti before!

    You did a good job adapting your craving....your dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to stop over here and thank you for commenting on my blog. I look forward to checking out yours now! I've never made biscotti, for some reason I've been intimidated. I wish my pups would jump in the pool. Neither of them are interested at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fries look so good, crispy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete