Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pasta Ponza with Giada

Not long ago I had the pleasure of meeting Giada De Laurentiis from Food Network, she was signing her newest book Giada at Home. Although I haven’t tried many recipes from her book, I can say that it has some beautiful pictures all throughout it not only of her dishes but her family as well.

Giada books

No pictures were allowed with her but I did manage to snag a few while waiting in line! She was super nice and down to earth!

DSC03314

DSC03317

Last night I tried a dish from her book called Pasta Ponza, click here for her recipe! This is the dish that is on the cover and Giada says it one of her favorites!

I love recipes that only have a few key ingredients!

IMG_2700

I used red and orange tomatoes, yum!!

IMG_2670

Mix tomatoes, capers, olive oil and s&p in an 8x8 baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.

IMG_2701

While the tomato mixture is in the oven cook your pasta and save about a cup of the pasta water, don’t forget or you’ll be sorry!

Out of the oven, love the crunchy topping!

IMG_2713

After it has cooled a bit spoon the mixture oven your pasta and grate some romano cheese on top.

IMG_2718

IMG_2717

This dish was quite tasty but a bit dry, you definitely need that added pasta water.  I love the concentrated flavor that the tomatoes take on after being roasted.

Have you ever met a “celebrity” chef before?

17 comments:

  1. I've met some local celebrity chefs before but I'm looking forward to hearing Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert on Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've met Joan Nathan and Molly Wizenberg (Orangette). Celebrity chefs are my rock stars, so I was completely star struck, stumbled through whatever gushy things I wanted to say to them, and basically embarrassed myself. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her. I'm a huge lover of Italian cuisine!! There are very few episodes of Everyday Italian that I haven't seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never met a celebrity chef before but I'd love to meet Giada or Ina. That's too bad they didn't allow photos with her. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds lovely!
    I have never met a celebrity chef. :(
    Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining Good Friends Just Click. I'm following you via GFC! Hope to see you next week- www.mamalovesherbargains.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like giada and all the recipes I've made by her are awesome. This one looks especially good. I'm so envious you met her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giada makes a good chicken piccata too (can check it out at Food Network). My cousin Donna lives in Italy and has a blog http://cookinginlucca.blogspot.com/ called What's Cooking in Lucca. She does a lot of past with simple ingredients. Check it out. I like the flavor of the roasted tomatoes too. Depsite you thinking it was dry, it still looks delicious! Thanks for sharing. On a side note, for xmas I got all of my sisters a Giada apron, fancy pasta, a pasta dish, wooden spoons, good olive oil. She has an entire line they carry at Target and it is pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the blog visit and comment. I just made a tomato soup the other night, and my husband and I were saying it was so good it could be a sauce for pasta. I suggested some tomato on top...I have just met the spouse to my tomato soup...I will try this and marry the two recipes!

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this meal looks delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog because now I have found yours! I love the recipes and I'll definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! It's cool that you met her - she's so pretty and seems so nice! Have met a few celebs, but not a celeb chef.

    Am your newest follower from Traveling Through Thursdays. Would appreciate a follow back at Dropped Stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, that looks great! Just curious, when would you have added the pasta water?

    My sister works at a bookstore and hosted one of her signings. She said she was super nice. I liked her before but now I do even more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That does look perfect - simple and delicious! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love her and this recipe looks divine. I've met her, Ina and Tyler. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article!
    It is the little changes that produce the most significant changes.
    Thanks a lot for sharing!

    Here is my blog; safe diets

    ReplyDelete