Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Bowl Bites

I have to admit  I am not a huge football fan. Unless the Patriots are in the Super Bowl I rarely sit down to watch the game…I’m more into the snacking aspect of the whole hoopla of the day, although I do look forward to the commercials! lol

Today I just wanted to share a quick, healthy and super delicious snack for game day! As I mentioned here I have been on a ground turkey breast kick lately, it’s super healthy and so versatile.

Turkey Taco Bites

  • 1lb. ground turkey breast
  • taco seasoning
  • diced tomatoes
  • diced cucumber
  • shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese
  • Tostitos scoops

Brown the turkey breast in a skillet, once cooked through add the taco seasoning. Scoop turkey into the scoops and top with tomatoes, cucumbers and cheese. Another option would be to use salsa in place of the tomatoes n’ cucumbers. Place scoops on a microwave safe plate and put in the microwave for 50 seconds or just until cheese is melted. Enjoy!

IMG_2152

IMG_2161

IMG_2162

IMG_2168

IMG_2166

Super simple and so much easier than trying to tackle a taco shell! The variations are endless with these scoops, you can add beans, avocado, sour cream, etc.

What’s your favorite game time snack?

14 comments:

  1. This looks great and I think the bite-size portions make it great for portion control too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party appetizer idea. I have to say, cheese dip and chips. SOOO not healthy though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I love everything mini-sized. My hubby would love these as he's world's biggest taco fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to try those! They sound - and look - delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great little appetizer idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such cute simple appetizers. There's a great deal of customization for these and are quick to whip up. They're especially simply because there's basically no cooking involved. yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "living a healthy life with a little indulgence"! I love that concept!! I tend to live an indulgent life with a little healthy...but maybe I'll get there someday! These look great!!!
    New follower


    littlebishopchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look absolutely perfect for a Super Bowl snack. I definitely love nachos and any sorts of dips especially guacamole at game time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look awesome! I love making fun food for the super bowl.

    I just found your blog via one of the blog hops! Have a wonderful weekend.

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great appetizer idea! My favorite SuperBowl snacks are potato skins and salsa/guac and chips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I want those right now!!! I could eat tacos/nachos on a daily basis I think!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these...I make a similar version but yours look so much better!!YUM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally cute! My fave snack is probably chips and dip- I rarely eat chips 'cause I just love them a bit too much!

    ReplyDelete