Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day

Here are a couple of pictures that I just love of Kailey and Jordyn on Valentine’s Day when they were younger!
Jordyn's Folder 026
Jordyn's Folder 029


This weekend we made some chocolate truffles for their teachers! So easy, fun and delicious! I’ve been hanging on to this recipe from Taste of Home for quite awhile, it’s a perfect treat for valentine’s day! Click here for the recipe!
Here are the toppings: chopped nuts, coconut, sprinkles, cocoa
IMG_2390
Melt the chocolate chips and condensed milk in the microwave until melted and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
IMG_2399
Scoop out the chocolate and roll into round 1 inch balls
IMG_2410
Now for the fun part, roll them in your favorite topping!
IMG_2401
IMG_2404
IMG_2405
IMG_2406
Kailey LOVES white chocolate so we dipped a few in white and milk chocolate!
IMG_2413
Voila! They almost look too cute to eat!
IMG_2414
IMG_2416
We wrapped them up before the whole plate was gone!!
IMG_2462

IMG_2463
I don’t know about the girl’s teachers but I would certainly love to start my Monday off with a jar of chocolates! Smile

Do you like the little card? I printed this off a great blog called Paper Glitter, she has some adorable printables to choose from!


This recipe is linked to:


18 comments:

  1. I don't really care for chocolate, but always want to make truffles b/c I think they'd be fun gifts like this. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful valentine's day gift! I'm sure your daughter's teachers will love it!

    happy Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet Valentine's Day gift! I'm sure the teachers will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just darling...card and all. I can't imagine any teacher not LOVING to receive something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speaking as a former teacher- I would have loved that! I loved homemade treats from students- they were so proud of themselves and the treats were almost always delicious. What a sweet thought for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kristy,

    What a wonderful, yummy gift! I love looking at your beautiful pics. Thanks for the tip about Paper Glitter blog. I will have to check that out! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure anyone would be happy to recieve those truffles. Delish! :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the best Mom ever! Those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for coming to visit me ... returning the follow ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic idea! They look beautiful!
    Thanks for following. I'm following you back.
    Mika (www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great gift idea for any holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look super easy and so cute in the glass jars. You definitely take the Cutest V-Day Treat award!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! They look pretty, yummy and the packaging is fun. I'm a new follower from Handmade Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a yummy easy treat to make, and for kids to help. So Easy.And I will check out the Paper Glitter Blog, thanks

    I am now your newest follower, I cam from the One Fine Day Blog Hop This morning. Hope you can come follow as well,
    http://ohmyheartsie.blogspot.com
    or http://livelaughlovetocook.blogspot.com
    Thanks Karren
    PS I share your blog to Twitter @myllls

    Now comes a question I ask everyone, if you do product reviews, how do "you" find find products for review I would love to know. karrenh (@) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look delicious! Cute presentation too!

    I am a new follower from the Be One Fine Day blog hop. Please check out my (new) blog if you have a moment.

    www.naptimeismytime.com

    Best,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have just added your blog to my blogroll. I dont want to loose it.
    livelaughlovetocook.blogspot.com
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Kristy~
    Thanks for adding this to my Blog Hop! I happened to see your girls bringing this into school for their teachers. The jars are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete