Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!!

Oh to be a kid again! The only bummer was school got cancelled yesterday, a whole day before the storm even started. I remember as a child going to bed at night waiting anxiously for the morning to arrive to have my mom come in and tell me school had been cancelled. Seems as if the fun of it has been taken away,  none the less the girls were thrilled for our first official big nor’easter!

 

Long gone are the days with the big wooden sleds which weighed more than us that we’d have to lug up and down the hills. I found this snow seat for only a few dollars for a 2pk. that works great!

IMG_2021

Getting plummeted by dad!

IMG_2026

What’s the best thing about playing in the snow?? Coming inside to some of mom’s homemade hot chocolate!

IMG_2029

IMG_2033

IMG_2035

I think some snow got to their brain! lol

IMG_2030

Mom’s Hot Chocolate

  • milk
  • milk chocolate
  • cinnamon
  • marshmallows

Simmer some milk on the stove and bring almost to a boil, add chocolate and cinnamon and stir until chocolate is melted. Pour into mug and add marshmallows and a left over candy cane if desired.

 

Happy Snow Day!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Snow Day!

    I love to crumble leftover candy canes into my hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be making some homemade hot chocolate here myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, and did you ever do the snow dance as a kid? My teacher even encouraged us to wear our pajamas inside out...she was superstitious. Love how you add cinnamon to your hot cocoa. Your girls must have had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy snow day!! i still look forward to snow days and hot chocolate lol! my favorite is a little mint extract in hot chocolate, so yummy!

    ReplyDelete