Friday, August 13, 2010

Slip Up with a Friday Makeup

So the past two days I have been on this cleaning binge. It first started with my daughters wanting to change their rooms around…I haven’t looked back since! With the rearranging of the furniture comes lots of purging and boy do I love to purge!!! So proud of my girls letting go of things that they haven’t played with in awhile, they sure are growing up to fast for my liking!
Although this cleaning out makes me a happy camper, it definitely puts a damper on my routine of stopping and eating when I’m hungry, eating the right foods and also my workout schedule. The past couple of days I have not made the best choices starting with eating at Mc D’s for dinner last night. Booooo! Grilled chicken sandwich with fries and a sweet tea. I didn’t have my camera with me so I have not pics. What a bad choice and I felt awful after eating it  both physically and mentally. I have no excuses,  just stupid choices.
So today was a new day and after this post is done I am putting my slip ups  behind me and reflecting on the good things I got accomplished today! So after an early morning workout and cereal and fruit for breakfast, I decided to hit my bedroom and do a total cleaning and boy did it feel good! I  burned 500 calories just in my room alone, not bad right?! For lunch I had some yogurt, fruit and nuts.
And since today is finally Friday, that means pizza for dinner at our house! So I put together a very quick broccoli and spinach pizza.
All I did was cook some broccoli in a pan with a tiny bit of water for 2 minutes and added some spinach until it was wilted. Next I took some store bought whole wheat dough and rolled it out into a rustic circle and cooked it on the grill for about 8 minutes. Then I had some leftover pesto sauce so I spread that on top of the dough and added the broccoli and spinach finally topping it with some fresh mozzarella . I put it back on the grill until the cheese was melted. Delicious and super easy!!
DSC04446
DSC04453
Tonight was our last night of soccer and Jordyn scored 3 goals! She is quite the athlete at 6 years old, so proud of her!!
DSC04454
I’ve decided from now on, since I mostly eat the same things for breakfast (cereal or oatmeal) and lunch (yogurt and fruit) that I’m not going to take pics everytime. BUT if I make something out of the ordinary I will definitely post some pics whether it was a hit or not! lol And of course since I’m always making different things for dinner I will always take pics of my meal. So back to my goal of getting more veggies in, having this pizza tonight has me off to a good start! And back to my workout routine, I miss Jillian!!! ;)
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you have had a very busy week, your pizza looks delicious!! I love the broccoli and spinach topping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...thought I'd start following your blog as your eating philosophy is much like mine. I try to eat healthy during the week, but like to indulge a bit on the weekend. I blog about my weekend splurges, but am hoping to find some ideas for healthy, quick weeknight meals!

    ReplyDelete